Pages

Saturday, April 20, 2013

Aidan's Sibling Is A _______ !


Well, before I reveal what you came here to read (and hey, don't scroll down ya cheater!), I was going to paint a picture of our day.  We started with the alarm clock screaming at 6:00 AM.  I wanted to hit the snooze, but I KNEW, I had a wonderful, delicious Diet Pepsi waiting for consumption.  I didn't even check the ingredients to see if it's the new Diet Pepsi formula or not.  I figured it has been over 3 months since I last tasted one, so surely I won't notice it, right? RIGHT? Oh, please don't mess with my Diet Pepsi.







AJ is not a morning person, and he needs his coffee/caffeine, but I warned him, we had to
be out the door by 6:30.  So what to do with Aidan?  He doesn't wake up, eat and take to being dressed in 30 minutes.  No, he's like his daddy and needs time to wake up and acclimate.  So I figured he could eat breakfast on the way to Columbia.  Besides, we had an hour and fifteen minute drive.

Aidan wasn't too pleased to be riding in the car seat and would rather be running around the house.  Little did he know that he needed to save his energy for the zoo.  So, I caved and brought the DVD player and an Elmo dvd.  He was happy and repeatedly pointed at the screen and said "Elmo."  In a few instances, he kissed Elmo.  Hey kid, how about saving some of those kisses for your momma.

We arrived slightly early for our appointment, which is what I consider on time.  We didn't have to wait long until we were called back.  Aidan seemed curious and wanted to play with the equipment.  He wasn't too fond of me being in the chair and him being held by AJ.  We told him we were going to see the baby, then he said "baby" and pointed at my belly.  Then the ultrasound started.  I think Aidan was amazed by the image and what he saw.  The baby was very sleepy, but it didn't take long for the baby to reveal its sex.  We were definitely excited, and it was cool to see the baby.

So if you remember, I said around Week 14 that I thought I was having a girl.  I will say that since then, I did have a dream I was at an ultrasound where I was given a bunch of blue stuff and congratulated.  This was my one and only dream about the baby.  However, when I tried to look at the ultrasound to verify for myself that it was a boy, the picture was not clear.  I could not tell if the baby was a boy or girl, and the only indication I had was blue trinkets the technician gave me.  So was my intuition correct or my vague dream?  Aidan can't wait to tell you!


No comments:

Post a Comment