Pages

Monday, March 25, 2013

Week 14

Every pregnancy is different- I know this, but I can't help but feel that maybe there's a baby girl baking in there. I mean, the symptoms are different, complete opposite feeling. This time, I have crazy, wild dreams about being chased or catching bad guys as opposed to dreaming about my baby. Also, I have a 50/50 chance of being right.

How far along?: 14 weeks 6 days 

How big is baby?: According to the APP, I'm Expecting: Started the size of a Nectarine and am about to be a Apple.

Weight gain?: 10 lbs

Stretch marks?: None so far

Maternity clothes?: No change here, just maternity pants. Belt and shirts tucked, check!

Sleep?: Still having issues sleeping through the night, part of this was due to being up with a cough from my ridiculous allergies

Best moment?: Aidan and I were sitting on my bed watching Elmo, when I decided to use my doppler to find the baby's heartbeat.  I was able to quickly find the heartbeat (155bpm), and Aidan was fascinated with the sound.  Then, he wanted to operate the doppler.  He attempted to use the doppler on himself, but ya know, eating the wand doesn't seem to fall under correct operating procedures.

Also, I helped with my sister's reveal party, and I really enjoyed it. It was exciting, and I found out that I will be having a niece!!





Worst moment?: Realizing that Congress isn't going to do anything about correcting the Sequester, and while it appears my job is safe, it's a depressing atmosphere at work.  It's hard to be happy that your job is okay but your coworkers' jobs aren't.


Food cravings?: Mac & Cheese, which I indulged in once this week.

Symptoms?: Morning sickness, acne and I'm also including severe allergies!

Exercise?: Early morning work outs continue

Movement?: I hear that the movement is felt earlier in the second pregnancy, so maybe something in the next few weeks?

Belly button?: No noticeable change.  I keep checking for linea nigra. 

What I miss?: Being able to stay up late...and by late, I mean 10PM.

Labor signs?: too early! 

TMI: So I continue to lose my breakfast due to the wonderful morning sickness.  There are times I'm not sure if I should leave my desk or run to the bathroom.  Sometimes, I get to the bathroom, look at the toilet, and NOTHING.  So I go back to my desk...crap, I'm going to lose it, so I head back to the bathroom.  It doesn't seem to matter what I eat - eggs, spinach smoothie, oatmeal, or breakfast sandwich.  

One day, I was hunched over the toilet, lurching forward, revisiting my oatmeal, when I peed myself too.  It sucked, and I'll now try to use the restroom before I get sick...if I can manage. Oy.  It doesn't help that I work out before work, so I drink at least 32 ounces at the gym plus whatever I had with breakfast.  It's no wonder at 6:30 AM that this incident occurred.  Still, I didn't need insult to injury. 

By the way, I'm scared of coughing or sneezing since it leads to snissing.
 
What I'm looking forward to?:  I am excited about Easter this year, and I hope Aidan enjoys hunting for eggs on the ground and dying eggs.

No comments:

Post a Comment