Pages

Saturday, March 9, 2013

Weeks 5 Through 8


How far along?: 8 weeks 6 days
How big is baby?: According to the APP, I'm Expecting: Started the Week 5 as the size of a Sesame See and about to be a Cherry
Weight gain?: Already 5lb, but it fluctuates
Stretch marks?: Nope
Maternity clothes?: During week 5, I attempted to find my maternity clothes in the attic, but it wasn't light enough in the attic. I was too lazy to go find a flash light, and besides, I didn't need them, yet.
Sleep?:I have several nights of insomnia, usually around midnight, 1am.  
Best moment?: Seeing the baby on the ultrasound and my bosses being so excited and giving me high fives.   Worst moment?: Not being able to sleep, and I desperately need all the sleep I can get.

Food cravings?: HOLD THE MAYO, errr, I mean, give me extra Mayo. Starting Week 5, I crazed salty things, such as potato chips and Outback's loaded cheese friends (which I wanted last pregnancy around week 9). I caved to all three. I never want salt. Never. All in moderation...
Symptoms?: Bouts of nausea, insomnia, and always exhausted.  Also, I have crazy, vivid dreams.  I rarely dreamed prepregnancy, but now I seem to dream nightly.
Exercise?: I attempted to complete a 5 minute plank challenge in January, though at 3 minutes, the challenge became rather difficult. I wonder, how long do I push myself with the abs...hmmm.  Due to needing more sleep, I have had to limit my exercise routine to the weekend and walking at lunch.
Movement?: Too early

Belly button?: Still in, but not deep like it was during the first pregnancy.
What I miss?: The sweet taste of Diet Pepsi...I really want to see what the new formula is all about, but I guess I'll wait a while
Labor signs?: too early!
TMI (NEW!): I exerienced a full on sniss for the first time.  A sniss, as I have learned during the first pregnancy from other pregnany women, is when you sneezed, it causes you to pee...no matter how empty your bladder is.  Well, after coming back from the bathroom, I was standing at my desk when I sneezed, and that's when I felt it.  Yup, pee running down my leg all the way to the knee.  I was shocked and now I know what others were talking about when they complained of snissing. 
What I'm looking forward to?: I have a visit planned with my sister and then a friend at the end of February!  I am excited to see both of them.  I am also ready to be "out" on my blog so I can keep up with these posts.

The progression of the Bump - Weeks 5 through 8
 

No comments:

Post a Comment