Pages

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Off the Charts!

I know, I am almost a month late, but I figured I should provide an update on Aidan since this is my only real record.  It'll be good information to be able to look back on with baby number 2.

We took Aidan to his 18th month appointment March 8th, and apparently my kid did not get the memo that his growth can taper off.  Both his height and weight are off the charts according to the doctor; he was 33.6 pounds and 35 inches.  His head went from the 50th percentile to the 75th.

So what's Aidan up to?  Well, he talks a lot and picks up new words and phrases all the time, so please be careful what you say. When I try to snack on a bag of raisins with Aidan, he will snatch them and say "mine", but he will feed me raisins.  So sometimes I have to say "this is mom's, not Aidan's", but I don't think he understands, but I hate reiterating the mine word.  It's nice to be able to communicate with Aidan, and it makes it easier when I offer a snack and he says yes, no or please. I love hearing Aidan say "cheese please."  He loves cheese, and he has the biggest smile while saying what he wants.  However, there are many phrases and songs he repeats that we have NO idea what he is saying or wants, but all in time, we'll understand his language.

Aidan loves to play outside, whether it's throwing balls for Bo, kicking a soccer ball, swinging, playing with the neighbors or playing in a pool, he wants to be outside.   As soon as he finishes breakfast, he starts screaming "outside" until we get dressed and go outside.  He has also learned to walk down stairs by himself, though we are always nearby in case of a slip.

Aidan can also be a little daredevil...he tried to ride one of his push/walk toys down the porch steps.  At least he tried the short run of steps and not the long run.  His attempt wasn't successful, but he wasn't hurt either.  He made me panic but also laugh because I remember hearing stories from my mom about me riding a tricycle down the stairs.  He gets it honest.

I am also happy to report that Aidan has been without his pacifier for over two months now!  He doesn't
Aidan carries his lovey almost everywhere!
even attempt to take other kids' pacifiers to stick in his mouth!  However, we better has his lovey otherwise there will be a screaming fit.  For the most part, Aidan goes to bed easily, but most days, he does not want to give up the day.  He will run circles in the living room, and act like he isn't tired.  I wish I could siphon some of his energy!




One day, Aidan will be able to verbally answer these questions, but for now, I'm basing the answers off his current actions:

1. What is your favorite color? Aidan shows no color preference. 
2. What is your favorite toy? Any of the Elmo toys or a ball, touch choice.
3. What is your favorite fruit? Apple - sadly, the banana no longer seems to be a contender
4. What is your favorite tv show?
Sesame Street!
5. What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch?
Mac and cheese
6. What is your favorite outfit?
No preference, but it better include shoes!
7. What is your favorite game?
He loves playing soccer
8. What is your favorite snack?
Raisins.  He loves to run around with a bag of raisins
 
9. What is your favorite animal? Dogs!
10. What is your favorite song?
The Itzy Bitzy Spider seems to calm Aidan down
11. What is your favorite book?
His dog book, and it has taken quite the beating.

12. Who is your best friend? Bo, one of his three dogs
13. What is your favorite cereal?
Honey Nut Cheerios
14. What is your favorite thing to do outside?
Play in the backyard or at the park
15. What is your favorite drink? Milk, no doubt
16. What is your favorite holiday? Any holiday
17. What do you like to take to bed with you at night?
A penguin lovey, it's a must
18. What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast?
Blueberry pancakes on the weekend
19. What do you want for dinner on your birthday?
On his half birthday, it was probably mac and cheese
20. What do you want to be when you grow up? Athlete or veterinarian, according to his latest obsessions.


This boy is off the charts fun, and he has stolen my heart.  I can't wait until the weekends when we have so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment