Pages

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Week 24

 It's been over 6 months since I have been to the beach, and as a promise to mom on mother's day, I said I would go for a walk on the beach.  Our favorite beach to go to is the Isle of Palms in Charleston, SC - great facilities and a local outdoor restaurant has wonderful pretzels.  My sister met us down at the beach since she lives in Goosecreek, and we walked the entire beach from the IOP park to the Sullivan's Island bridge and back.  It was a great walk - the weather was awesome!  Then we soaked up with sun rays before heading to the Tanger outlets to do some light shopping.  It was a great way to end the week.

I was able to wear one of my pre pregnancy bathing suits (it's the only one I tried on...), but I'm not sure if that will last all summer long or not. I had to dig a hole in the sand though so I could lay on my stomach without Baby A kicking me the whole time.  We didn't go in the ocean since the water is still chilly, but I imagine that will change when summer arrives.  I can't wait for another beach trip!

How far along?: 24 weeks 6 days
How big is baby?: According to What to Expect When You’re Expecting: Started the week as the size of a Papaya and about to be a Eggplant.  The fruit doesn't change as often as it did early on.

Weight gain?: 1 lb.  Total weight gain is 18 lbs.  The baby is approximately 1.7 lbs this coming week.
Stretch marks?: Not yet. 
Maternity clothes?: Almost exclusively...and giving in more to untucked shirts.  But I am still wearing a belt!
Sleep?: I can tell it's almost the end to sleeping on my stomach!  Not because it's uncomfortable to me, but due to it being uncomfortable to Baby A.  Several times this week when I tried to sleep on my stomach, Baby A began kicking and didn't stop until I turned over to my side.  Sleep is still great though.
Best moment this week?: It was a wonderful week!  I am really enjoying having my time back and not worrying about studying!  I began painting the neutral walls in the nursery, which makes me feel like I have accomplished a lot.  By the way, Olympic makes a VOC free paint - not sure if Behr and Valspar do the same, but for the rest of the pregnant women out there, it's good information to keep in mind.  I still painted with a paper mask.  I have began working a lot on my "To-Do" list, but when I work on something, I always find something to add.  Oh well, I really enjoyed going to Lowe's and picking things out for the house.  I also had a good friend from highschool come into town - it's always great catching up with her.  She bought Baby A some Clemson gear - can't ever have enough, and it's the perfect size (hopefully) for football season.
Worst moment this week?: I would saying doing the glucose tolerance test, which really isn't that bad.  The drink tastes like a watered down Orange Fanta, and it's probably only 8 ounces to drink.  The worst part about the test is the lab required I fast at least 9 hours beforehand, and I was so hungry by the time I finished the test, that I felt nauseous.  I won't know the results until Tuesday, and my doctor's office will supposedly only call if I failed the test.  Hopefully I won't have to take the 3 hour test - it's just an inconvenient thing. 
Food cravings?: Pancakes.  I had them for a snack several times this week, and I think I will make some more this morning.
Symptoms?: Nothing really.
Exercise?: The week started off with a 12 mile bike ride with mom followed by an arm work out at the gym.  I walked 3 miles and lifted weights through out the week, and then finished the week with a long walk on the beach.  My foot still hurts some from the steel toed boot, but it's definitely better than last week.  No tennis this week - my tennis partner is MIA. 
Movement?: AJ felt a lot of kicking by the baby early this week - it seems the best time for AJ to feel the movement is at bed time, that's when Baby A kicks the hardest.  In addition, during the week, I noticed several times that my shirt moved when Baby A kicked.  Pretty awesome feeling.
Belly button?: Still in limbo between innie and outie
What I miss?: Nothing this week.
Labor signs?: Nope!  Too early.
Purchases: Mom, my sister, and I went shopping at the Tanger outlets in Charleston after a day at the beach.  I bought some Baby A some clothes from Osh Kosh and Carter's - it was my first clothing purchase for him.  There were tons of cute clothes, so it was hard to pick just a few outfits out.  I bought some cute overalls that he can wear about this time next year, a newborn crab onesie, and a jacket for the winter.  Mom bought several outfits as well, and from Gymboree she found a cute hat and socks that would match the crab onesie.  My sister bought an onesie that says "my aunt rocks!" -she better if she wants Baby A to wear it. :)
What I'm looking forward to?: Due to Memorial Day, I will have a three day weekend!  So I am excited to knock more off of my to do list and be able to relax one extra day.  Unfortunately, AJ will have to work the lake all weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment