Pages

Sunday, November 27, 2011

The Twelfth Week

Beginning of the Holidays...

My family celebrated Thanksgiving on Sunday since my brother and his wife were taking a vacation later in the week.  Aidan was able to see his Uncle Chris (my brother) for the first time since he was born.  Aidan was quite amused by my brother's noise that I call Chewbacca...my Pepaw does a similar noise.

Aidan responds a lot to noise. Whether it's a big, gummy smile or trying to make the same noise, it's very entertaining to talk to him.

He also is grabbing and holding things.  He is still working on the hand/eye coordination, but he loves to hit at his toys and flings rattles.




When he is bottle fed, he likes to hold onto it so that you don't take it away before he finishes.  He will cry if you take it away before he finishes.  He eats 4 to 6 oz at each feeding, which seems like a lot, but he does skip a feeding or two by sleeping through the night.  This week, he went at least 8 hours between the night and first morning feeding. 


Baths really calm Aidan down.  I think with all the visiting he did this week with family, he was overstimulated and just needed a nice, calming environment.  On Thanksgiving, this happened...screaming that could not be soothed, way too soon to be hungry.  So my mom improvised and filled a tub with water and lined it with towels.  Instant calming.  He splashed around a lot and absolutely love it.  After the bath, he slept on the way home.  Now that he had the freedom of the large bath, he jumps around and splashes around in his bath at home.  Hmmm, I think we need a new bath because the one we have confines him too much.  If he wants to play and be happy, we can't let a bath stop him!  Especially when he goes down and stays down for the night.

I have one last week of maternity leave, and I'm sad to not spend my days with Aidan, but I am also excited to return to work.  I love my job and the challenges that come with it.  I wish I could have my cake and eat it, too but that's not physically possible.  So I'll try to be as efficient with my time as possible so that I can spend as much of it with Aidan.  I am not looking forward to waking up at 3 AM since I have become accustomed to going to bed at 11PM and waking up at 5AM.  I just need to adjust my schedule by 2 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment