Pages

Sunday, November 13, 2011

The Tenth Week

Finding My Fingers and Eating a Fistful

A lot of my pictures look like these, or are in the process of looking like these.  Aidan has discovered his hands and keeps shoving his fingers and sometimes his whole fist in his mouth.  A couple of times he has caused himself to cough because he sticks his fingers so far in his mouth.  So now we have the wonderful spit covered hands to hit  you with! :)

Aidan had a relatively quiet week until Friday.  AJ took him on a trip to Brunson, SC to meet his great, great grandmother.  There were five generations present. 

On Saturday, we drove up to Lyman, SC to celebrate a friend's 30th birthday.  We greatly enjoyed seeing a lot of our college buddies we hadn't seen in a while. Can't wait to see them again...apparently, there's an open invitation to use their pool, just have to drive 2.5 hours.

Can I just say that I love his face in this picture with me?  I like to goof around in pictures, and maybe Aidan will one day do the same.  I know his smile was not intentional in this photo, but I love it.  I wish I had stuck out my tongue or done something goofy...

Aidan continues to sleep 7-9 hours at night.  One night, he had a massive blow out at 2AM.  I changed him, put him back in his crib, gave him his pacifier, and played the magic seahorse...he went back to sleep right away.  He has also woke up at 3:45 am, I change him, and then put him back to sleep without feeding him - no issues!  I feel so lucky that he seems to sleep so well.  In fact, I have enjoyed staying up when he goes to bed somewhere between 9-10 PM.







All About Mom

No TMI this week...

However, I have noticed that I get dizzier more easily than I did pre pregnancy.  I have spun Aidan around in one circle, and I have to sit down.  Before, if I was spun around 5+ times, I would get dizzy and have a hard time standing.  If I were a superhero, spinning me in circles would be my kryptonite.  Seriously, I get crazy dizzy where I have to lie on the floor for 5-10 minutes depending on how many times I was spun.  I also noticed that I get a little lightheaded when reading a book in the backseat of a vehicle.  This has never happened to me!  I always read on road trips with no issues.  I don't recall being extra dizzy while pregnant, but I can't remember being spun...of course, AJ didn't spin me while pregnant because we stopped horsing around due to concerns for the growing baby.

Working part time has been going well, too.  Aidan does most of his sleeping by 1PM, and whenever he's done with the long napping, I am done working.  Working also motivates me to get out of bed instead of sleeping when Aidan does. :) 

Time has flown by, and I realize I only have 3 more weeks with Aidan before returning to work.  I am excited to be back at work and interacting with adults, however, Aidan's happiest times are in the morning.  He loves to laugh and coo for almost an hour straight in the morning before he sleeps 2.5 hours.  He does this in the afternoon, but for 15-20 minutes only.  So I'll have to enjoy this time on the weekends - at least we are working 4 10's now, so I will have more weekend time with Aidan.

No comments:

Post a Comment