Pages

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Spinach & Chicken Alfredo Bake

(For you, Chrissy)















When I worked at Fazoli's in high school, I despised having to try the Alfredo sauce to make sure its consistency and flavor were correct, though nothing was worse than having to taste the tea to determine if sugar had been added or not...Anyway, I love Italian food, and I always made a version of Fazoli's Pizza Baked Spaghetti.  Well, since I recently started making a chicken and spinach Alfredo dish, I decided to make it into a bake...What's the difference, you ask?  CHEESE!

Paula Dean:Butter::Diana:Cheese

If Paula Dean can add an extra stick of butter into to something, then I can add an extra cup or so of cheese to my recipes.  On to the recipe.

1 (16-ounce) package penne noodles
1 package of chopped spinach (I buy the frozen spinach)
2 (15-ounce) jars Alfredo sauce (I recommend Bertoulli's)
2 garlic clove, minced
2 lbs cooked chicken, cubed
2 T olive oil
Italian Seasoning
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
3 cups mozzarella cheese

Cube the chicken, heat up the olive oil in a sauce pan on medium-high.  Sprinkle Italian seasoning on raw chicken and then cook in the pan until chicken is no longer pink in the middle.
Prepare pasta according to package directions. 
Heat the spinach (if frozen)

Add chicken and Alfredo sauce in a 13 x 9 backing dish.  Then add pasta and spinach.  Stir the ingredients until all is well coated with Alfredo.  Top with the mozzarella cheese, then sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.  Top with the fresh parley. 

Bake on 350 deg F for 10 minutes, then on 400 degrees until cheese is bubbly.  I like to brown my cheese just slightly, so leave in the oven until the cheese is how you like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment