Pages

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Week 9

So instead of a weekly stomach shot, how about a image of how I feel!  Seriously, who wants a belly shot of all that bloat.  Though due to where my jeans sit, I can still wear them despite the bloat, but my shirts just don't wear the same.  I can see the protrusion underneath, even though it might not be obvious to others. There's definitely less shirt tucked into the jeans.  

How far along?: 9 weeks 6 days
How big is baby?: According to What to Expect When You
re Expecting: Started the week as the size of a Green Olive and about to be a Prune
Weight gain?: Well, it appears I gained 2 lbs this week, but I blame the bloat.  Anyway, the gain this week would give me a total gain of 3 lbs (mass).
Stretch marks?: No
Maternity clothes?:Not yet.  My pants still fit very well.

Sleep?: Sleep continues to be my best friend.  I love the weekends because I am able to sleep 10-11 hours, and my body definitely needs it.  Last night I went to bed around 8:30 AM, and I didn't get up until 7:30AM despite waking up at 5:30AM and 6:30AM...
Best moment this week?: Telling the big boss that I am pregnant and wanting to take the 3 months off.  I was afraid of how he would react, but he was very happy for me and could see I already had a plan.  We talked through my plan (who would cover my work and how we would assess if they were able to take it over) and even discussed finding an intern for the fall semester.  He did make me laugh by saying if I planned it better we could have had a summer intern; I was the one who suggested a fall intern because I had previously completed a fall, spring and summer internship while in college.  So it was a very good conversation, and I'm glad I finally spoke to him.  Later in the day, he did ask if he could call me "Pudge."  I love when he has a sense of humor...means he's in a good mood!
Worst moment this week?: Work was crrrraaaazzzzy.  Felt like four Monday's and a Friday.  So glad it's over.
Food cravings?: See post below.  Too many, though I am not giving into them.
Symptoms?: Bloat has outweighed exhaustion.  By the way, only one nap this week.
Exercise?: Swimming and weight lifting continue.  I finally have energy back and can work out like I use to without giving up. 
Gender?: Too early to tell - though I had another dream last night about a baby boy.  We had brought him home from the hospital, and I was walking him around the house to show him all the colors because it made him smile and laugh.
Movement?: Nope, still too early
Belly button?: Still in
What I miss?: Nothing this week that I can think of.

Labor signs?: too early!
What I'm looking forward to?: Cleaning the house!  Not having energy has made it where I do NOTHING around the house except eat, sleep, and study.  I can't stand a messy house, but something has to give!


Okay, I give in, here's the weekly bloat shot. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment