Pages

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Week 10

10 w 6 d

The bloat subsided at the end of this week, and I might be as bold to say that I have a bump; I've always had a flat stomach, and it's definitely not flat anymore! When I poke on my stomach it's hard - not all airy, puffy like it was to start the week.  Who knows...

I was happy to reach the 10 week mark, one-forth of the journey is over!  Plus, the double digit week count seems very reassuring to me. 

This week I began to think about maternity leave and when I should start it - my mom delivered all of her kids early, and a book I am reading (with lots of documented studies and research) say that the majority of women who continue exercising throughout their pregnancy up to delivery generally deliver between 38-40 weeks.  So with that knowledge, I am thinking of beginning leave two weeks prior to my due date.  But it's just thinking right now, eventually I'll hammer out of plan, but there's still plenty of time. 

How far along?: 10 weeks 6 days
How big is baby?: According to What to Expect When You
re Expecting: Started the week as the size of a Prune and about to be a Lime.
Weight gain?: No gain this week, but the bloat isn't so bad, and I think the 3lb weight gain is legitimate.  My goal was 3-5 for first tri since that was the recommendation.  Only 2 weeks and some days left!
Stretch marks?: No
Maternity clothes?:Not yet.  Pants fit fine - though some of my shorter shirts don't tuck in, so I try to find something to wear under them and keep the top shirt untucked.

Sleep?: One nap this week, but twice I went to be at 8PM.  To be fair though, I get up at 4AM, so that's 8 hours of sleep.  But on Thursday and Friday, I felt I had an energy surge and stayed up until 9:30PM!  And I never felt the need to nap.  I also bought a body length pillow on Friday since I wake up in the middle of the night with a full bladder but am too lazy to get up - I'm a stomach sleeper! 
Best moment this week?: Feeling like I have a ton of energy on Thursday and Friday! 
Worst moment this week?: Monday, I was sooooo exhausted and wanted caffeine, but I didn't give in.  Also, I found out my favorite root beer adds caffeine to it (Barq's), and only in limited markets do they sell the caffeine free version  (Utah).  BOO.
Food cravings?: Mac & cheese continues to be a favorite, and I keep wanting fast food, even though I rarely eat it.  Weird.
Symptoms?: Bloat was bad at the beginning of the week, and it appears the exhaustion lessened as the week went on.
Exercise?: Cardio and weight lifting continue.  I'm happy with my gym time - finally having energy back makes a difference. 
Gender?: Too early to tell
Movement?: Nope, still too early
Belly button?: Still in
What I miss?: Really wanted caffeine for a boost of energy, but happy I didn't give in

Labor signs?: too early!
What I'm looking forward to?: Going back to the OB in less than two weeks...hopefully they'll try to find the HB with the Doppler.

No comments:

Post a Comment