Pages

Monday, January 17, 2011

Death By Broccoli

So I have been trying to eat healthier since finding out I was pregnant.  Lately, I have been adding more raw vegetables, such as broccoli and carrots along with salads.  I ate broccoli several times, in fact every day the first week I found out, without incident.  However, something happened last night.  I am not sure whether it was due to the broccoli being a week old, having too much of it recently, or just a pregnancy reflex, but after  a few bites in, I was gagging on the broccoli.  It wasn't crisp - slightly soft.  So I threw the broccoli out, and I thought that was the end of it.

Well at 2 AM, I had cramping and gas pains that lasted for approximately an hour.  I couldn't sleep, and of course, the cramping had me concerned.  Argh, I think it will be a little while before I consume broccoli again.

No comments:

Post a Comment