Pages

Sunday, July 14, 2013

Week 30


 30 weeks, so 2.5 months left! 
So I spent a good bit of time organizing Owen's room, which meant running the washer and dyer a lot this weekend!  I hung up and folded clothes for the first 6 months (well size wise).  I had AJ bring down the car seat, the base, and the swing.  In addition, I rewashed all of my cloth diapers, and they are currently sitting in a big pile waiting to be sorted, resized, and stuffed. 
I bought a laundry hamper and new crib sheet....I guess I'm going with a jungle/zoo theme, but not going crazy like I did with the penguins.
I also put aside Owen's coming home outfit so it can easily be found and packed in the hospital bag when the times comes.   Whew, I feel like I accomplished a lot this weekend, now if only I could remember how I had the nursery set up when I had Aidan....so much stuff I need handy!


How far along: 30 weeks 6 days

How big is baby?:
According to the APP, I'm Expecting: Started the Week 30 as the size of a Large Cabbage
 and is about to be a Bunch of Asparagus.

Weight gain?:
1 lb this week, 27 total


Stretch marks?: Counting myself lucky, only the linea nigra and bright, blue veins


Sleep?:
I can still sleep on my stomach, though I usually fall asleep on my side and wake up on my stomach.  I am still fortunate to sleep through the night without any need for a bathroom visit.  I drink plenty of water, too.


Best moment?: Finding the countertop that made me really excited and knowing it was the one for me.  Let's just hope the price is right, otherwise, I'm going to have to settle, and the second runner ups aren't even close to competing.  I think it has the right mix of black and brown to bring out the colors in both cabinets we will have in the kitchen along with some other colors to add some flair.  It also matches well with oil rubbed bronze fixtures. 


 
Worst moment?: Aidan waking up at 5:30 am two days in a row...we're going to blame the molars we can see coming through.

Food cravings?: Comfort food, but I only had it once this week, otherwise, I stuck to my fruits and veggies, plus loading up on fiber by eating black bean quesadillas.

On Friday, I caved to fried pork, fried squash, homemade macaroni and cheese, and a biscuit.  The green things are broccoli nuggets that I made into muffins.

Symptoms?:  Round Ligament Pain still lingers.

Exercise?:
I walked 3+ miles and was at the gym lifting weights 4 days last week.

Movement?: This kid is on the move, much like his big brother.  So does this mean he will be as energetic as Aidan is?!

Belly button?:
Still the partial outie. Aidan poked it before I could cut his nails and gave me a nice little cut.  He is obsessed with poking my belly button when he sees it.

What I miss?: The sunshine! Okay, so not pregnancy related, but the weather has been extremely rainy since June, which has given us unusually cool weather.  Being pregnant, a break from the heat is nice, but I do love my sunshine.

Labor signs?
:None

TMI:  Nowadays, I wish I could walk around like a sumo wrestler, and people not look at me funny.  Walking like a sumo wrestler would give me some relief.  You see,  I am itchy/sweaty/wet/feel like I was hit with a baseball bat or my butt is on fire or my 'rhoid feels pinched even though I adjusted them.  Fun stuff, right? So if you see me walking like a sumo wrestler, you know I gave up on caring what I looked like.

What I'm looking forward to?:
Another quiet weekend at home?!  I don't know, we'll see what trouble Aidan and I get into while AJ works.  Maybe a road trip since we'll have to slow down come August. 


Gifts for Owen!

New Blankets (gifts)


 So many clothes for the first few months!

Pile of Cloth Diapers

No comments:

Post a Comment