Pages

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Week 16

16 w 6 d
16 w 6 d
Where did the week go?!  Between work and studying for the PE, time seems to fly.  It also helps that I had a dentist, OB, and hair appointment this week, which kept me pretty busy.  I had hoped to make a stop by another daycare for a tour, but I had to work later on Thursday when I had planned on going by the daycare.  Oh well, there's still time.  Most places I've talked to have plenty of openings for January 2012.  Even though I'm taking 3 months off, my family has volunteered to take care of the baby through the end of the year.  It helps that my mom works for a college and has the last two weeks off.  My memaw is also volunteering for several weeks, and she is excited.  When she came into town today, she wanted to go by Hobby Lobby to buy yarn because she is going to crochet while she watches the baby.  It would be really cool if she could knit a blanket - my great grandmother knitted me one when I was an infant.  I was still a baby when she passed away, so I don't have any memories of her, so it's neat that I have the blanket as a keepsake (Mom, if you're reading this, I meant to mention that I want to get this from your house).

Someone remind me to close the closet door next week when I take the weekly progress photo...

How far along?: 16 weeks 6 days
How big is baby?: According to What to Expect When You
re Expecting: Started the week as the size of a Avocado and about to be a Onion.
Weight gain?: No gain this week. Total gain is 9lbs.
Stretch marks?: No
Maternity clothes?: I wore maternity pants practically all week, except Monday.  I did find some jeans that are below the belly and has belt loops!  I was able to wear my shirt tucked in and with a belt!  Woohoo.  Thank you Old Navy.  Since the jeans fit so well, my mom ended up buying me another pair of jeans and a pair of khakis.  I'm so excited for these jeans...eventually, I'll need some longer shirts.

Sleep?: I am sleeping very well.  In fact, too well.  I don't hear my alarm or remember turning off my alarm for several snoozes.  I can still sleep comfortably on my stomach.  This week, my dog did not try to steal my body pillow - I guess she learned it was mine!
Best moment this week?: There were plenty of moments!
  • At the 16 week appointment, I found out AJ's blood type is O-; we have the same blood type (0.5% chance of two people both having O-).  This means I won't have to receive the Rhogam shot at 28 weeks.  All of our offspring will be universal donors - hopefully they'll take after me and not have an issue with having their blood drawn.  In addition to finding out the blood type, the anatomy scan was scheduled for April 19th!
  • At work, the site superintendent gave me a parking spot upfront.  I am very thankful for the spot, and I'm sure when July and August roll around, I will enjoy it that much more.
  • AJ assisted the sheriff's department in finding and arresting the people who broke into his work truck and many more vehicles. 
  • My grandparents came to town, and I was able to take a quick break from studying to eat lunch with them.  They also placed their bets on the baby (Gender, weight, length, date of birth, and time of birth)
Worst moment this week?: Going to the dentist.  I had some cavities from childhood that were failing and needed to be refilled.  I am not a fan of the dentist because of an incident that happened while my orthodontist was installing my braces - let's just say that lots of pain and blood was involved.  Anyway, I don't like people messing around in my mouth, but I've learned to trust my dentist.  The part that was so bad about the cavity filling was that I could smell everything so well.  The gloves they were wearing smelled like a strong bubblegum flavor mixed with burnt plastic.  Then when they were drilling out the old filling and preparing the tooth, I could smell burnt metal.  I wish the dentist would let me fall asleep (and I could have!) so I didn't have to smell everything.  It's disgusting - if you're thinking about getting pregnant, get those cavities filled now.  The worst part is due to me being pregnant, they can only do so much work, so I have to return for more filling. UGH.
Food cravings?: None this week. 
Symptoms?: None.
Exercise?: 4 days of weight lifting.  My tennis partner was out of town, and then it rained on Saturday.
Gender?: Hopefully we'll know April 19th!!
Movement?: I feel some occasionally, but it's not consistent
Belly button?: Still an innie, but as mentioned previously, less of innie - shallower
What I miss?: I would say chocolate cake, but that would be a lie because some of the guys at work brought in chocolate cupcakes which made me want more chocolate cake.  Let's just say that I gave in - but hey, no weight gain, so it's all good.
Labor signs?: too early!
What I'm looking forward to?: Less than 2 weeks until I take the PE!  My sister's birthday is on the day of the PE, but she's coming into town next Saturday, and I will see her for a dinner, so I'm looking forward to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment