Pages

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Week 13

Yay for the second trimester!  I've been told it's the best of the trimesters, so here's to enjoying the next 13 weeks and 3 days.  From a personal perspective, there's a lot going on in the 2nd trimester.  I take the PE Exam April 8th, my sister gets married April 16th, I turn 28, and I'm going to the Beaufort Airshow April 30th.  Who knows what May has in store - Clemson baseball game?  In addition, we hope to find out the gender of Baby Bowers in late April.

In other news, I sold the Harley.  I was sad to see it go since I enjoyed it so much, but I knew I wasn't going to ride it until after the baby was born, and I most likely wouldn't have had time to ride, anyways.  It wouldn't be good for the Harley to sit idle for months and months - tires rot, battery wears down, gas breaks down, etc.  So I was happy to find a new owner - his first Harely - so I'm hoping he enjoys the heck out of it.

How far along?: 13 weeks 6 days
How big is baby?: According to What to Expect When You
re Expecting: Started the week as the size of a Peach and about to be a Lemon.
Weight gain?: Hello 2nd trimester and weight gain!  It's like my body knew the second trimester was here, and on Wednesday, my weight shot up 1.5 lbs, which is roughly what I am suppose to gain each week during the 2nd trimester.  So make that 6.5 lbs total!  So I know most people look at my weekly picture and think, no way does she even have a bump, but that 6.5 lbs went somewhere.  My pants still fit the same, my boobs haven't grown, and my stomach is no longer flat.  Yes, to most people, there's nothing noticeable, but if you knew my stomach beforehand, you would definitely see the difference!
Stretch marks?: No
Maternity clothes?: Still wearing my regular clothes

Sleep?: No issues with sleeping, or sleeping too much.  Though my dogs don't let me sleep in.
Best moment this week?: I used my Doppler and easily found the Heartbeat - the baby was holding steady at 160 BPM.  In addition, selling the Harley relieved some stress.
Worst moment this week?: My favorite college team losing to its rival in baseball. 
Food cravings?: Seafood!  I still have not been able to satisfy my catfish craving, but I think I'll get the opportunity soon.
Symptoms?: Nonexistent.
Exercise?: Continued with the normal routine and was able to play tennis again this week.  This time, though, my  knees weren't aching afterwards thanks to the new orthotics. 
Gender?: Still to early to tell
Movement?: Nope, still too early
Belly button?: Still in
What I miss?: Nothing that comes to mind right now.

Labor signs?: too early!
What I'm looking forward to?: Looking forward to April - lots of good things happening that month.

No comments:

Post a Comment