Pages

Sunday, September 8, 2013

Week 38


As I post this, there is less than 8 days until my due date!  Single digit count down.

 Have I mentioned that if Owen comes on a Tuesday, we will all celebrate our birthdays on the same day of the week?!

So there was a moment this week where I thought early labor was starting, but it was silly BH contractions...and my first thought was it's Wednesday, you missed Tuesday by a few hours, Owen!  But it was a false alarm.  Anyway, September 10th and 17th looks great if you're listening to me, Owen. 






How far along: 38 weeks 6 days

How big is baby?:
According to the APP, I'm Expecting: Started the Week 38 as the size of a Celery Bunch
and is about to be a Mini Watermelon. 
Weight gain?: 1 this week, 33 total

Stretch marks?: Still lucky - none so far


Sleep?:
I can't seem to sleep through the night without waking!  Whether I need to get up to pee or am just wide awake.  I also seem to wake just before 6 am on my days off and then toss and turn until Aidan gets up.


Best moment?:  Enjoying a lazy Labor Day with neighbors and getting quality time with Aidan.  I also enjoyed picking Aidan up on his birthday and taking him home to celebrate.



My little fish


He wanted me to rock him to sleep, and I obliged

Worst moment?:  Aidan being diagnosed with croup and an ear infection at his 2 year appointment.  When he woke up at 3 am with a cough and sounding like a seal, we were suspicious.  The doctor confirmed he had croup.

I know Aidan isn't feeling well when he goes for a wagon ride and doesn't try to climb out 2 seconds down the road.


Food cravings?: Salty foods and after all the weekend outings, hot dogs.  Neither craving is a good one.


Symptoms?:  RLP, some morning sickness, acne, exhaustion

I can still wear my steel toed boots and can see my ankles, I seriously think the 200+ ounces of water is the difference this time.  I am walking a lot for work, more than I was last time, so not swelling isn't due to me resting more.



Exercise?:
I walked a lot for work, and added in another 4+ miles at home.  I was able to get to the gym once to lift weights, so I did a full body weight routine instead of focusing on the upper or lower body.

Movement?: Lots of kicking and what feels like rolling/shifting. 

Belly button?:
100% outie, but almost non existent.

What I miss?: Being able to easily back up out of a parking space.  It's hard to turn around to back up, especially when I am in a work truck that has more blind spots.  I try to find parking spaces where I can pull through - I'll walk much farther if it means no backing up!

Labor signs?
:More Braxton Hicks and some back pain, but it went away when I walked around, and then BH contractions have been non existent.
My doc did say my cervix was softening, though no additional dilation.

So, I'm trying out the Old Wives' Tales - so far, spicy food, walking and pineapple.

TMI: I thought labor was also near since my body has been cleaning itself out, which happened just a few days before I went into labor with Aidan.  Guess not!


What I'm looking forward to?
If Owen stays put until the weekend, AJ and I might take Aidan to the circus that is coming to town.  It's AJ's weekend off, and Clemson isn't playing, so we would love to have one last family outing just the three of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment