Pages

Monday, September 5, 2011

Week 39

This is the blog I started to write Friday night since I figured I would be busy watching college football in the afternoon and forget about it until late Saturday evening.  Well, Aidan had other plans...

Changes for accuracy in blue.

The journey of Willis Aidan has been a great one


How far along?: 38 weeks 6 days

How big is baby?: According to What to Expect When You’re Expecting: Started the week as the size of a Watermelon and about to be a Pumpkin. The fruit doesn't change as often as it did early on. Going into week 39, Aidan is approximately 19 to 22 inches long and weighs 6 to 9 lbs.

Weight gain?: I think it's water weight since my ankles are swelling, but I did put a 1lb on this week between Monday's doctor appointment and Saturday. Total weight gain is 28 lbs.

Stretch marks?: Not yet.

Maternity clothes?: Definitely, though I think I am going to refuse to do anymore laundry since I know Aidan will be here in 5 days.  I'm just hanging around the house or working out, so I don't need anything nice to wear. :)

Sleep?: Sleeping was going well until Thursday night.  Trouble sleeping through sporadic contractions and back pain.  Oh, and I get extremely hot, despite the thermostat being set at 70 deg F and a ceiling fan on the highest setting.  Guess I need to set the thermostat lower.

Best moment this week?: Friday was bittersweet.  It was my last day of work for the next 3 months, and while I wanted to work up until labor began, I have no choice in that matter, but I guess one day short of that is just as good. :)  Besides, if Aidan comes before Tuesday, then I will have worked as long as possible.  However, it is nice to know I can relax and just wait on Aidan.  I get a much needed break from work.  We also had a nice lunch since it leads into Labor Day Weekend - I always love to have the cheeseburgers they cook!

Worst moment this week?: I wasn't happy to hear the word "induction" from my OB on Monday, but what can I do?  I have to do what's best for Aidan, so we'll see if I need inducing or if Aidan will come on his own.  Apparently, despite 975 mg of iron supplements, I am still borderline anemic, my blood pressure has dropped from its normal range, and the swelling is worse than I though.  Doctor has some concerns about the baby if I go too far past due date due to my blood.  I have noticed that my right wrist has been freezing up like it use to before I had surgery 2 years ago.  Guess it's also not getting enough blood flow.

Food cravings?: Just my weekly serving of shrimp - though I figured I was near the end, and I had more than my 12 oz allotment.  I also had salmon towards the end of the week.  Omega 3 is good for the baby!

Symptoms?: Exhaustion (though not as bad as last week), TMI symptom, swollen ankles

Exercise?: I walked 6 miles and worked out my arms once, legs once, and core once.

Movement?: Aidan continues to move a lot.  He punches low and kicks high.  Sometimes he punches and kicks at the same time, and his punches appear to hit a nerve because I feel a slight discomfort sensation in my leg, and if I'm standing, my leg wants to give away.

Belly button?: It's an outie

What I miss?: I miss being able to put my shoes on easily.  I sit down on the floor, slip my tennis shoes on, then flip over to my knees, grab a door handle and pull myself up.  No other way to get my tennis shoes on.

Labor signs?: Thursday night, I could not sleep due to back pain and some sporadic contractions.  I experienced a few more contractions at work, and when I came home, I soaked in a nice hot bath with Epsom salt.  The back pain went away, thank goodness, and I was able to get a long nap in.  Friday, the sporadic contractions continued, and there was definitely back pain associated with them.  ugh, no back labor please.

This past Sunday, I walked 3 miles and rode the riding lawn mower for an hour.  I also have been eating spicy food and doing squats with an empty bar at the gym.  Trying any old wives' tales that supposedly bring on labor!

Purchases: Nothing this week.

What I'm looking forward to?: I am looking forward to meeting Aidan.  He will be here by next Saturday, I just hope he comes on his own terms.

No comments:

Post a Comment