Pages

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Week 20

Wow!  What a week.  We had the anatomy scan on Monday, AJ made the first baby purchase (out of both of us), and I went shopping for nursery furniture with the grandmothers-to-be! 

AJ and I had to keep moving furniture around in the room that will soon be the nursery.  Well, I pointed which direction the full size bed should be moved, and AJ moved it.  Then I took measurements, found out the configuration wouldn't work and had AJ move the furniture again.  It appears we have a set up that will work, and we began looking at nursery furniture online and using my copy of Baby Bargains to cross check ratings/quality.  With furniture in mind, I went shopping with both of our moms.  It was a wonderful trip, and I think we scored some awesome deals.

Hopefully we'll start working on the nursery soon, especially since we can pick up the furniture anytime after this Monday.  We thought we would have more time since most manufacturers wait for orders before making the furniture.

How far along?: 20 weeks 6 days
How big is baby?: According to What to Expect When You’re Expecting: Started the week as the size of a Cantaloupe and about to be a Banana.

Weight gain?: Last week I didn't get to weigh in since I was out of town, so this Saturday when I did my weigh in, I had gained 2lbs.  Total gain is 14 lbs. 
Stretch marks?: I looked this morning, and I have not found any. 
Maternity clothes?: Wearing them and loving them!  I can still wear most of my work shirts, but I have added in longer shirts that are quite comfortable to wear.
Sleep?: Aside from Monday night, when I drank caffeine for the anatomy scan, sleep is great.  I think eliminating caffeinated drinks out of my daily routine has greatly improved my sleep.  I can still sleep on my stomach.  The worst part is when I want to sleep on my back, but it is recommended I don't do so at this stage in the pregnancy.  Best moment this week?: The anatomy scan was the highlight of my (and AJ's) week!  It was awesome to see the baby and see him being so energetic. 
Worst moment this week?: Not sleeping well on Monday made Tuesday difficult.
Food cravings?: Bring on the seafood!!!
Symptoms?: None that I noticed this week.  Though I will say that last week, I failed to mention how ticklish my feet are now.  I haven't been ticklish since highschool, so it was weird to receive a pedicure, and it tickling so much!  I hope it goes away, I like being immune to tickling.
Exercise?: I officially have a tennis/racquetball tan!  I noticed the tan lines earlier this week, and I am loving being outside and moving around.  In addition to keeping up with tennis, I've been walking the dogs every other day (since they need to build their stamina back up), and continuing to lift weights every other day.
Movement?: Definitely.  I can feel the movement on the outside, but I can tell when he's active!
Belly button?: On the verge of an outie.  AJ even noticed this week.  I think his comment was "your belly button looks weird."  Why yes it does! It's half in/half flush.
What I miss?: Nothing really
Labor signs?: Nope!  Too early.
Purchases: AJ bought a green John Deere onesie and booties!  In addition, we bought some nursery furniture, but most of it was a gift from the future grandparents!  (Thanks again).  The grandmothers-to-be also bought the baby an outfit - my mom got him OshKosh Overalls and a white collared onesie and AJ's mom bought a set of Clemson onesies and a Clemson baseball hat.  Can't wait to dress him up on football Saturday's in his Clemson gear!
What I'm looking forward to?: I am going to the Beaufort Air show next weekend with my parents and AJ as a belated birthday celebration.  It's the only airshow I have ever enjoyed - it features the Blue Angels.  I am also looking forward to eating a funnel cake at the airshow. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment