Aidan has packed on a few more months since his 2.5 year old update. He fluctuates between 41 and 42 lbs. He also grew a few inches, and is between 41" and 42" as measured at Stride Rite. If I pull out the tape measure, he thinks it is his toy, and he must have it or won't stand still long enough for me to take a measurement. He does go to the doctor for a yearly check up in a few weeks, so they can confirm (or deny) my measurements.
Depending on the brand, Aidan is wearing 4t/5t/5/XS/S. WHY AREN'T CLOTH SIZES UNIFORM?! Gymboree or Children's place, better buy the smaller size because they run big. Carter's, I buy 5. Out shopping for a t-shirt from a lighthouse we climbed, he needs a YOUTH Small. Crazy. I had hoped that Aidan would wear the same jeans from last year since but I noticed his swim suits that were loose at the beginning of the pool season are a struggle to put on. So I went ahead and bought clearance 5T jeans (Children's Place).
Aidan is still in a 8.5 to 9 Extra Wide shoe. He prefers Crocs or Flip Flops, but he is not allowed to wear those to daycare/school. He could wear the Crocs if he kept them on his feet, but apparently he constantly takes them off. Toddlers...
Aidan appears to have his 2 year molars popping through the gums. Though I haven't dared to look in his mouth for a couple of months, but I did notice the teeth peeping through. Maybe the dentist will confirm that the molars are present when he goes to his first official dentist visit.
Aidan needs a hair cut at least every 3 weeks, but we usually wait until a month. He goes with AJ for his hair appointment - it's their thing. Though that doesn't stop Aidan from reminding me every day on the way home that he needs a haircut.
Sleep or resisting sleep has not changed. Taking toys and animals friends to bed has not changed. His bed time was not suppose to change, but hey, with the summer time, we play outside a lot. It's hard to make Aidan go to bed when there's still daylight and fun to be had. I know, I know, he needs routine, but momma can't resist.
Aidan still procrastinates sleep and finds every excuse to get out of bed. Sometimes we have to take his favorite toy away to get him to stay in bed. Never his lovey though, we would never take his Mimi (penguin).
I did put up black out curtains in his room, hoping that it would cause Aidan to sleep later. Two days last week he slept until 8AM! WHAT?! But then other days, he is up around 6AM. Those curtains have been up for at least a month with not consistent change. I tried.
At daycare, Aidan still takes a two hour nap. At home, we struggle with naps. It depends on how the day is going and how Aidan's attitude is whether we push and fight for the nap. If we're having a busy day, I hope that he takes a power nap in the car. If he doesn't, I hope bedtime is easier.
|Aidan has become quite the helper|
I think it's fantastic that Aidan can tell me what he wants to do. After school, I try to take the boys somewhere if the weather is cooperating. He will usually ask to 1. Go home and ride is tractor 2. Go to Fermata (pool) 3. Go to the regular park (as opposed to the Library park) 4. Go to the water park or 5. Go to Kroger. I love how well he communicates and knows what he likes to do.
Aidan started 3K on his birthday, so in addition to what he learns at daycare, he will also be in a semi school setting. I took him on his second day, and he walked into his classroom like it was no big deal and nothing new. Growing up!
Aidan still loves to be outside. Since he learn to swim over the summer, a lot of our weekend evenings are spent at Fermata where he jumps off the diving board, dives for toys on the bottom of the pool, or chases me around to splash me. At home, he likes to ride his tractor, ride the real tractor with daddy, and throw sticks in the creek. He recently became really excited when the sticks sink in the creek. Aidan is also a fan of water fights, whether it's with water guns or him sneaking the water hose. He was very proud and laughing a lot when he surprised me with the water hose. Little stinker...don't worry, momma gets payback. ALWAYS.
Aidan has recently become obsessed with Spiderman. I'm not sure where the obsession came from, but he loves anything Spiderman related. Jake and Mickey are still favorites, but not nearly as much.
Aidan still loves going to the Zoo. He still insists on riding the carousel (the Tiger or Elephant), riding the training, and riding the pony. He was afraid to feed the goats and the giraffe, but now he loves to feed them. He giggles when he feeds the goats because their tongue tickles his hand. The giraffe still seems intimidating, but he actually holds the food now and lets the tongue touch him.
Aidan continues to enjoy grocery shopping, especially since Kroger recently bought new car carts. Instead of the car being bulky and attached to the front of the car, where the kid faces away from you and is the farthest away, the new carts have the steering wheel up at the shopping car handle. He stays entertained driving and honking at people. He also yells "get out the way!" Lovely for the patron in front of us...
Occasionally we do something different like build a birdhouse at Home Depot or Lowe's. Aidan really enjoys banging the wood with the hammer, and I think he has only hit my thumb twice. I'd say that's pretty good for building two birdhouses.
We went through a food slump, but it appears Aidan is back to eating well. He loves chicken nuggets and cheeseburgers along with cheese and applesauce. He will tell us what he doesn't like - like at school, he doesn't like how a certain person cooks the corn. He's honest, so don't ask his opinion if you don't want to hear the toddler truth! Aidan will eat fish, but shies away from eating shrimp.
Aidan is all about birthday cake. If you're having a birthday party, you better not skip the cake (or cupcake). He will devour the top of the cupcake and ask for me. Sorry kiddo, that's enough sugar.
I also believe Aidan would drink enough milk to fill him up and not need anything else. He loves milk, and I noticed we are going through more milk than we were just a month ago.
Aidan is lucky, he sees his grandparents often, and usually his Aunts and Uncles once a month. He loves playing with them, though he calls one of his aunts, Uncle Manda or Uncle Aunt Manda, though if it's any consolation to Amanda, he always greets her first before Uncle Chris. He will also ask about her or where she is at if he does not see her but sees Uncle Chris.
Aidan talks about his cousin Rozzie, and even enjoyed picking out her birthday present. He talked non stop about her birthday and Rozzie being "one." He doesn't pick on Rozzie the way he picks on Owen...nor does he purposefully knock her down with his butt.
Aidan has a lot of friends, even more now that he is at a new daycare. So he has his buddies from the "old school" as he calls it and the "new school". He seems to see at least one friend outside of daycare at least every other week. He is still crazy for his friend named Charley. He continues to call other girls Charley, even though he knows their name. What can I say, those two act a lot alike when they are together, and Aidan is really excited when he can see pictures of Charley. In fact, if he is misbehaving or having a meltdown, I'll offer him a seat beside me to look through Facebook photos
of Charley - instant mood change!
of Charley - instant mood change!
Here's a yearly birthday interview I hope to continue. Some questions required prompting, like giving him choices (like naming holidays off so he knew what he was choosing from)
- How old are you? THREE! (Also holding 3 fingers up)
- What are your nicknames? AA (prompted by daddy, nickname from "old school")
- What is your favorite color? Pink
- What is your favorite toy? Spiderman
- What is your favorite fruit? Grapes
- What is your favorite tv show? Rescue Rangers (recent birthday gift, so that was fresh in his mind)
- What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch? Cheeseburger
- What is your favorite outfit? My Mickey Mouse shirt and Spiderman flip flops
- What is your favorite game? Football
- What is your favorite snack? Goldfish
- What is your favorite animal? Elephant
- What is your favorite song? Twinkle Twinkle Little Star
- What is your favorite book? Shark! (It's a pop up, underwater story book)
- Who is your best friend? (Silent, thinking) Charley (with a smile)
- What is your favorite cereal? Oatmeal
- What is your favorite thing to do outside? Ride your (pointing to daddy) tractor
- What is your favorite drink? Milk (no surprise there, loves milk...we have to limit him)
- What is your favorite holiday? Christmas
- What do you like to take to bed with you at night? Spiderman, snake, Buzz Light year, Jake, Mickey (and Mimi, doggy, hard plastic toys...tons of stuff!)
- What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? Waffles
- What is your favorite movie? Chipmunks
- What do you want to be when you grow up? Go to birthday parties
- What’s your favorite thing you did this year? Went up the Lighthouse
- What’s your favorite place to eat? At the couch (No Aidan, if we were in the car driving, where would you ask to eat?) Sonic
- Where is your favorite place to go? To the beach....tomorrow
- What makes you feel happy? You (pointing to me) make me happy (melt my heart why don't you!)
- What makes you feel sad? The floor makes me sad
- What’s your favorite thing to do with Mom? Go to the Lighthouse
- What’s your favorite thing to do with dad? Jump on the trampoline
- What did you do today? School (He said he went to school, which is true on his actual birthday, but I asked him these questions Sunday. He went to the Zoo with Grammy)