Owen doesn't go to his well check up until the end of the month, but according to our scale he is 30+ lbs and over 33" tall, so tracking slightly behind his brother, but not by much.
Owen continues to be a great sleeper, whether it's nap time or bed time, he usually goes down without a fuss. Though he has started waking earlier, but that's due to hearing his big brother. He looooooooves breakfast, he cannot get enough food fast enough at breakfast. He will cry and pitch a fit if he has to wait for his food to be prepared. He will immediately run to his high chair and point at it, indicating he wants up.
Speaking of "up", it's one word that Owen loves to use. He'll reach up, arch his back, move his fingers, and say "up" when he's not picked up right away. He's also found he likes the word "mine" and "no". While he sleeps well, when Owen is awake, he is trouble. Dramatic, too. He cracks me up, but at the same time, I'm not use to the drama. Owen is also a biter and a hitter, but part of that problem is due to big brother snatching things from him or knocking him down.
|Snuck a banana|
Like Aidan, Owen loves being outside. He understands "outside" and "park." Though if you take Owen to a park, he cares more about petting the random dogs than sliding or swinging. He calls all dogs "Bo" or "Bobo".
When he's not distracted by dogs, he is trying to climb up everything to go down the bigger slides. Most people are surprised to learn his age when they see him playing at the park, but Owen watches Aidan and feels he has to do everything Aidan does. I'm constantly surprised by what he can climb or objects he finds to help him reach what he can't easily climb.
Owen has been a bigger dare devil than Aidan. Owen months ago stood up on rocking toys, hands up, proud of himself. He climbs on everything possible, and he will move a chair to reach something off the counter. He is determined.
We still let Owen have his pacifier, though recently I have considered taking it away, but I really don't want to mess up the sleep routine. We already have one toddler waking us up randomly throughout the night, we need the other to be the easy sleeper. Owen is also obsessed with his loveys. He has two - a monkey and a giraffe, and he has to have both at night, though he only brings one to day care.
So looking back on my Aidan blog, I apparently thought asking and answering questions based on his current actions was a good idea, so I figured I would repeat it for Owen.
1. What is your favorite color? Owen doesn't show a color preference. Whatever color, he will try to eat it.
2. What is your favorite toy? His favorite toy is whatever toy Aidan currently has or any that are neatly organized in bins.
3. What is your favorite fruit? Banana
4. What is your favorite tv show? He doesn't care for tv, maybe the intro to Mickey Mouse Club House, which causes him to dance. Owen rarely watches tv since he goes to bed before we put a show on for Aidan.
5. What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch? Again, at home, he's a pill when it comes to eating lunch. He'll eat a banana.
6. What is your favorite outfit? He prefers no clothes
7. What is your favorite game? He loves throwing balls to Bo
8. What is your favorite snack? Popcorn
9. What is your favorite animal? Dogs!
10. What is your favorite song? Itzy Bitzy Spider (same as Aidan!)
11. What is your favorite book? Whatever book I read Aidan
12. Who is your best friend? Bo or Aidan
13. What is your favorite cereal?Cheerios
14. What is your favorite thing to do outside? Play in the mud with his brother or be at the park
15. What is your favorite drink? Milk
16. What is your favorite holiday? Any holiday
17. What do you like to take to bed with you at night? His loveys and pacifer
18. What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast Oatmeal
19. What do you want for dinner on your birthday? We'll offer everything, and he will refuse it all. Hah
20. What do you want to be when you grow up? Veterinarian or daredevil/stunt man