Pages

Friday, July 6, 2012

Hold the Mayo.....or not!

I have never been a fan of mayonnaise.  I don't like the taste, the texture, or it touching me.  When I work at Fazoli's and Wendy's, I hated having to put mayo on a sandwich.  I always wore gloves so the mayo would not touch my skin (and for good food hygiene!).  The thought of mayo on my tongue made me shiver.  Really, mayo and I were enemies.  But now...slap me some mayo on a club sandwich, and I am loving it!  Mayo isn't the only change.
Steamed brocolli and cheese - yeesh, but now, give me a bowl, and I love every bit of it.
Margarita (okay, always loved) and a side of guacamole, yes please!  But I never liked guacamole.  Are my taste buds tricking me?

And to answer your question, NO I AM NOT PREGNANT.

However, I wonder if pregnancy changed what I did not like.  I did try to like tomatoes during pregnancy with no luck, but I definitely did not try nor crave mayo, steamed broccoli, or guacamole. I know I have been trying to eat better since Aidan eats a more diverse variety of vegetables me.  What happens when he gets older and asks me why he has to eat zucchini when daddy and I don't? Or now that Aidan offers everything, how will he react if I say "No thank you.", will he continue to eat the food?  So in hopes of teaching Aidan better eating habits than myself, I am trying to cultivate my food palate.

Good questions to ponder on a Friday night...speaking of which, I'm craving a grilled turkey sandwich with, you guessed it, MAYO.  Mmm, mayo oozing out of my sandwich.

No comments:

Post a Comment