Pages

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Week 33

33 W 6 D
AJ and a buddy of his installed all of the hardwood floor on Thursday in the living room, but they still have to finish the hallway and all of the molding.  It looks great so far - I can't believe the difference it makes.

I put together the stroller, since it arrived this week.  I bought the Baby Jogger City Mini in Orange and Grey.  It was extremely easy to assemble and it's very lightweight.  I can't wait to use it!

I also received my portable clothes drying rack in the mail, so I washed some cloth diapers and covers and let them dry, though I let the covers dry in the laundry room, and the diapers dry in the sun.  Yay for getting organized and ready!  Mom suggested I start packing the bag for the hospital...seems too soon, but it's best to be prepared.
This week, I attended a breastfeeding class hosted by the hospital.  It was informative, but it reminded me how much I feel I still need to prepare before the arrival of baby Aidan. 6 more weeks...
How far along?: 33 weeks 6 days
How big is baby?: According to What to Expect When You’re Expecting: Started the week as the size of a Honeydew and about to be a Pineapple. The fruit doesn't change as often as it did early on. Going into week 32, Aidan is approximately 22 inches long and weighs 4.9 lbs.

Weight gain?: About a half a pound, maybe. Total weight gain is 25.5 lbs.

Stretch marks?: Not yet.

Maternity clothes?: Definitely.  This week, I quit wearing a belt with my pants.

Sleep?: Sleep is great.  I fall asleep well, and I wake up once, usually to change sides, which has eliminated the hip pain.

Best moment this week?: AJ putting down the hardwood floors, hanging the penguin mobile and handmade airplane, and organizing the nursery!  Feels like we are making a lot of progress.  I also enjoyed the maternity photo shoot with my mom.

Dogs walked in the Kilz Odor Block Primer - At least I could clean it up quickly. Dining room, so this is the existing hardwood floor that will be adjacent to where we are laying the new floors.

The living room hardwood floors on Thursday - some furniture moved back, so at least I don't have to watch TV from the front door.
I think I'm done with decorating! 

Almost there! Just need to organize a little more for diaper changing.
 
A picture from the shoot.
More photos can been seen at http://babybowersmaternity.shutterfly.com/

Worst moment this week?: Learning that some good friends of ours have a 2 month old baby that needs some major surgery. :(  She will undergo surgery this week and need at least 2 weeks of recovery in the hospital.  The hospital is 4 hours away from where they live - tough situation.

Food cravings?: Chocolate ice cream!

Symptoms?:Little bit of a dull pain in my lower back from sitting at work or sleeping.  Though it goes away if I move around or sit in a chair with back lumbar support.

Exercise?: I walked 3.5 miles, swam a mile, worked out my arms, core and legs once, and finally walked around in a pool for an hour.

Movement?: Tons!  I feel movement quite often after I eat or work out.  In addition, every time I lay down to sleep, Aidan moves.  I enjoy it, though he has kicked me hard in the ribs several times this past week.

Belly button?: Pretty much an outie!

What I miss?: Being able to easy move around.  While working on the baseboards, I found it difficult to tape the top of the baseboard so I didn't get paint on the wall.  I tried laying on my stomach to see the edge of the baseboard better, but it was quite difficult!

Labor signs?: Not yet. Hope to keep it that for a while!

Purchases: I purchased covers for the glider and ottoman off Etsy.com, a breastpump, and some organization stuff for the nursery.  Mom also bought me some accessories for the breastpump and a robe and some other comfortable clothes to wear after I have the baby.  I also bought a portable clothes drying rack, a thermos (for providing warm water for the clothes wipes), and a travel wet bag for dirty cloth diapers when we're not at home.

What I'm looking forward to?: The floors are almost done - I am ready to have the house not look like chaos!  The floors look great so far, so I can't wait until everything is complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment