Pages

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Week 37

37 W 6 D
15 days until my due date! Wow, where has time gone?  We are waiting in anticipation for Aidan's arrival, and every little stomach ache/cramp or feeling of BH contraction just gets me excited.  I think is today the day?  I can't imagine the adrenaline rush I will feel when I realize that today is the day I will meet Aidan. 

I meant to vacuum out my truck today and install the car seat, but due to swollen ankles, I try to keep my feet elevated as much as possible, which means sitting on the couch with the chair in the recline position!  Though I will manage to get outside at some point this weekend and clean the truck up...maybe even give it one last bath.  Though, I was really hoping for more rain so it would do the job for me.  I'm not lazy, just easily exhausted, though I have kept up with my work out routine, which does make me feel better and helps with sleeping.


How far along?: 37 weeks 6 days

How big is baby?: According to What to Expect When You’re Expecting: Started the week as the size of a Watermelon and about to be a Watermelon. The fruit doesn't change as often as it did early on. Going into week 37, Aidan is approximately 22 inches long and weighs 7 lbs.

Weight gain?: Status quo this week. Total weight gain is 27 lbs.

Stretch marks?: Not yet.

Maternity clothes?: Definitely.

Sleep?: Sleeping well, and I basically require at least an hour nap everyday.  Though it doesn't help that I only manage to sleep 5-6 hours each night during the week, however, even on the weekends when I sleep 8 hours, I need a nap.  My body must be working overtime these last few weeks. 

Best moment this week?: I was part of an exclusive tour of the IBHS, which researches building materials that greatly improve the ability of your house to withstand natural disasters.  It was an awesome experience, and if/when we build a house on our property, we will definitely incorporate their recommendations - most fortified recommendations only add 2-4% to the cost of the house, but the difference is amazing!
Here's a picture of the exterior full scale facility - it's the only one like it in the world! 

There are 105 fans, each about 5.5' tall, and I know that's accurate because we could walk up to them, and they were slightly taller than me.  Very cool.




Worst moment this week?: Waking up on Tuesday and not finding my ankles!  Argh, I knew my steel toed boots were getting harder to wear, especially on my left foot.  Now, I wear tennis shoes to work and bring my boots just in case I need to make a field visit.  I drink lots of water and exercise, and I definitely limit my salt intake.  However, I guess I can't avoid the swollen ankles. :(

To finish out the week, AJ had to be part of a manhunt that last for 48 hours - though he was only involved for 24 hours.  24 hours of work, save a 2 hour nap, in addition to already being up and working!  Fortunately, they caught the escapee.  However, it always has me worried when AJ is involved in manhunts, and I woke up several times through out the night to see if AJ had made it home - no such luck. :(  And of course, communicating with AJ when he's involved with manhunts are difficult since he was in a remote area, and they are trying to be quiet or constantly listening to chatter on the radio.

Food cravings?: Nothing really, but I will eat more shrimp tomorrow. :)

Symptoms?: Exhaustion, TMI symptom, swollen ankles

Exercise?: I walked 7 miles, worked out my arms twice, legs twice, and core once.

Movement?: Aidan moves a lot, especially not long after I eat.  I love feeling the movement, even if he is kicking my rib cage or punching low.

Belly button?: It's an outie

What I miss?: My ankles. :(  It's not that bad, though.

Labor signs?: Nope - plenty of pelvic pressure though.  The doctor did an internal check on Monday - no progress with the cervix, but if I understood him correctly, he could tell the head was where it needs to be.

Purchases: None this week, though I will go to the store either later this evening or tomorrow.  I finally decided on a baby monitor - I guess it's necessary.

What I'm looking forward to?: I scheduled a hair appointment for Friday - earlier than usual, but I figured I would have more time before Aidan arrives than after.  I always enjoy the hair appointments - great stylist and he's entertaining.  I might try a prenatal massage, but I haven't decided yet. 

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited for you!! That is crazy...only 2 weeks.

    ReplyDelete